Tax bounty

Wanting a job that is flexible? Well a tax informant may be the job for you! An increasing number of countries operate reward or bounty systems where informants receive payments for assisting revenue authorities. 
read more

Tax pooling

Inland Revenue (IRD) charges a high rate of interest on late tax payments (currently 8.22%), and in some circumstances the complexity of the provisional tax regime makes interest charges hard to avoid.
read more

Payments to shareholders

Broadly speaking, a payment from a company to a shareholder is likely to be a salary / wage or a dividend, and therefore taxable income. However, loans from a shareholder to a company and therefore loan repayments are also commonplace.
read more

Charities Working Group

The Department of Internal Affairs (DIA) is currently leading a comprehensive review of the Charities Act.
read more

Tax Working Group

The Tax Working Group (TWG) released its long awaited Final Report (‘the Report’) on 21 February 2019, following a 13 month review during which the Group received over 7,000 public submissions.
read more

Provisional tax: How to avoid being stung by the IRD interest rate rise

For many of our clients, the first instalment of provisional tax for the 2019-20 income year is due on 28 August – and the cost of failing to pay on time is set to increase.
read more

Check on ACC

Always check ACC invoices. Sometimes they record your occupation incorrectly. 
read more


June 28

Last day to apply for annual FBT returns for those who qualify


July 29

3rd instalment 2019
Provisional Tax  (June balance date)


read more
Subscribe to RSS - blogs